Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tea Time

There is not trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea ~ Bernard Paul Heroux


In my life, this statement is very true.  As some you may know, I am a student at the University of Mississippi School of Dentistry, and trust me, I love what I do.  I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to study what I love, but sometimes it all can be so overwhelming, especially now that the school year is coming to a close.  

Even on my most trying days, where I feel so discouraged, nothing makes me feel better than a good cup of tea.  It is my simple thing that I find joy in on those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days, that I might as well go live in Australia (One of my most favorite childhood books was Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorist).  It seems to just warm my soul and comfort me when I am worn thin.

Here's how I do it:



Fill up your teapot with water


Pick out your favorite mug


I love green tea for all of the antioxidants.  I am so sorry to all of those who drink caffinated tea, but I have to buy both because I normally want tea right before I go to bed.


I love using honey in my tea, but this is not just any honey.  This is the straight up local stuff that I cannot get enough of!  Thank you Dr. Bill Sneed!


I put about a tablespoon worth in the bottom of my cup while my water is boiling


I really like my tea hot so I normally take it off of the burner when my pot is literally screaming at me


Pour the water over your tea bag and honey


Now it is stir and steep time.  I usually let mine steep for about 5 minutes and remove the bag.


Sigh of relief










No comments:

Post a Comment