Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

South Carolina or Bust

If you know anything about my husband, you will know that weddings are not his favorite thing.  So when we got the invitation in the mail and saw the ceremony was in South Carolina, you can guess the answer I expected to receive.  But he said, without giving it a second thought, "We are going."  It was a wedding invitation to our dear friend, Jordan Harris', wedding.  He and Matt became friends in college when they were in the same service club, and he also did a fantastic job singing in our wedding.

Jordan met his super cute wife while they were camp counselors at a Christian camp in Texas, and they are absolutely adorable together.  We are so excited to have been there for their big day and wish them a lifetime of happiness as they open this new chapter in their lives.



You could tell that Katie and Jordan had thought about every detail.  The minute we arrived at the hotel, we received a gift bag with some yummies and a map of the city with pamphlets of the attractions of the city.


When we made it into town, we were starving.  All we had to do was walk out of our hotel and take a stroll down main street.  With our map in hand, we searched for a brick oven pizza place that Jordan and Katie had mentioned was Katie's dad's favorite pizza place in the city.  Believe it or not, this plate was completely empty when I was finished. And, yes, Matt had his own pizza.  I am not ashamed!


On Main Street, they had all of these statues that were of famous people to the area.



They had a sweet, little ice skating rink.  This looked like a city favorite!


There was a beautiful city park that was along the river with waterfalls and large grassy areas.  I am so jealous!  


The entire city was so active.  Everyone was running, biking, or dog walking.  It was so refreshing!  I can no longer use the cold weather as an excuse...




They had this amazing cable bridge that ran over the river.  Now, not many things do get to me, but heights is one of them.  I walked across the bridge, but I made Matty take most of the pictures.  He is so brave!



This is what I call wedding food!  When I asked for the steak, I didn't realize it would be so massive.  It was delish!


It was so good to see our sweet friend and meet his beautiful bride.  They were giddy with delight throughout the entire ceremony, and I almost melted when I saw Jordan's face as Katie walked down the aisle.  It was truly a precious moment.


I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.  For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

No comments:

Post a Comment