Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Herb Breadsticks

Spring has sprung and being a foodie, this is one of my most favorite times of year.  I am pushing my canned vegetables and dried herbs to the back of my pantry, and heading out to my garden.  This is a really easy, beautiful side dish that can elevate any meal.  

Herb Breadsticks


The nice thing about this recipe is you can use any herb you have on hand.  If you don't have any on hand, you can pick up a big ole bunch of parsley from the supermarket for less than a dollar.  


Pick the leaves off of a few sprigs of herbs and set them aside.  Now, you can make your own bread dough, but I didn't for this recipe.  I had some Pillsbury biscuits in my fridge that I used.  I cut each biscuit into three pieces, rolled it out into a breadstick shape, and placed them on a cookie sheet.  Whisk one egg and brush each breadstick with the egg wash.


Place the herb leaves on the breadsticks in whatever way you choose.  Apply one more layer of the egg wash to make the herb leaves stick to your dough.  Sprinkle the breadsticks with salt, pepper, and grated parmesan, and bake as directed on your biscuit can.  Voila!  You have a beautiful springtime side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment