Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Busy Day Dinner

Just a short blog post today!  I feel like lately I have been so busy, I haven't been able to take a second to breathe.  I have found that being an adult by definition means you have ten or more things thrown at you in a day and you have to find a way to balance everything.  Every one of us is faced with these challenges, whether you be a student, working professional, or a stay at home mother.  With our busy lives, it can be so easy to cave and pick up a fast food, heavily processed meal for dinner.  Try out my easy calzones!  You could finish them in less time than it takes to drive to your local Wendy's, sit in line, pay for your food, and head home.  This is a recipe I found years back that is super simple, kid-friendly, and very delicious.




I like to cover my cookie sheets with tin foil because it makes clean up so easy!


Unroll premade pizza dough.  This is Pillsbury's new whole wheat crust.  It is so yummy!


Cut it into 4 rectangles


Lets make our filling!  Pour about 1/4 cup of Ranch salad dressing into a bowl.  I used Light Ranch but feel free to use the real stuff or if you are really good, the Fat Free.


Add 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix together.  If you have one on hand, I like to add 1 diced tomato to the mixture.  


Put 1-2 slices of deli ham on each dough rectangle


Divide the filling among your calzones


Fold the calzones in half and crimp the edges with a fork


Bake according to the dough's packaging instructions.  You may need to add a few minutes to make sure the  dough gets cooked through.


I served our calzones up with some raw fruit and veggies.  A side salad would also be a great side!  These calzones are so versatile, and you can use whatever you have on hand.  I have even made them with broccoli, cheese, and ham or breakfast calzones!  When you are making these for just you and your hubby, the other two calzones make a perfect lunch for the next day.  I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment